The National Influenza Immunisation Programme 2021 to 2022 will soon be starting, and the surgery will be booking flu vaccination appointments for eligible patients.
We will be in contacting eligable patients to book a flu vaccination.
Please contact the surgery if you need to confirm we have your up-to-date contact details. Please also let us know if you wish to decline the vaccination this year.
Those eligible for NHS influenza vaccination in 2021 to 2022 are;
- all children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021
- those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff
Please see www.gov.uk/national-flu-immunisation-programme-2021-to-2022-letter for more information.
We need to run our flu clinics differently to ensure we keep our patients and staff safe at this time. We will require you to follow the following instructions:
- On the day of the appointment if have any of the following symptoms you must not come to the practice, you must call the following week to rearrange:
– a high temperature
– a new, continuous cough
- – a loss or change to your sense of taste or smell
- Arrive at the time of your appointment, please do not arrive early
- You must wear a face covering at all times
- You may need to queue outside so please be prepared to stand in the cold or rain
- When you enter the building you will need to remove your outer layers so that the top of your arm is exposed ready for your injection
- You will asked to queue at a safe distance from other patients
- Your injection will be administered in a consulting room.
- You will then be asked to leave through the back door of the practice to ensure that we have a safe one-way system in place
We will try to operate this efficiently as possible to minimise waiting times but please come prepared with comfortable shoes in case you need to stand for longer than normal.
Please contact the Surgery if you do not wish to have the flu vaccine.