Calls to and from the Surgery are recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018. Calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes.
The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which will:
- Protect the interests of both parties.
- Help improve Practice performance and best practice.
- Help protect Practice staff from abusive or nuisance calls.
- Establish the facts and assist in the resolution of any medical–legal claims made against the Practice or its clinicians.
A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee’s telephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. In this situation the recordings will be made available to the employee’s manager, to be investigated as per the Practice Disciplinary Policy.
- For further information please contact the Surgery or see our full Practice Call Recording Policy (PDF)